God has continually been an ever-present reality since the creation of the World. God has also sought to be among those seeking salvation. During the Exodus God lived in a tent. During the reign of kings and world powers, God lived through the voice of the prophets. In the time of the Roman Emperor, Augustus—the “Father” who brought “World Peace” to all—God came as a baby, a child, a human. The arrival of this child reminded those in a fast paced world that God was with them.
Advent Conspiracy 2018 will donate 75% of our contribution to Living Water International to build a fresh water well for a village in Uganda. The remaining 25% of the collection will be given to our local Gateway Domestic Violence Drop In Center in Portland. To learn more about Advent Conspiracy visit here.
This season Advent Conspiracy will share God’s Presence Among The Idols of Life. God’s presence is stronger than our presents, our fears, our idols, and all powers that challenge the throne of Jesus. God’s love fills the earth and upholds all governments, all powers, all languages, and all those seeking peace. As always we encourage everyone to give one gift less and offer the money saved in our Advent Conspiracy collection December 16, 23, January 6. To view this year’s Advent Conspiracy video click here.
Sermons: God’s Presence Among the Idols of Life
December 2 = The Promised Presence
December 9 = Smoke on the Water
December 16 = Deck the Walls
December 23 = A Tree Filled With Presence
January 6 = Someone Had an Epiphany
At the Agape Church of Christ we are committed to bringing the Gospel of Jesus to Portland